EWheels EW-36 Slowpoke Mobility Scooter with Electromagnetic Brakes Review
The EWheels EW-36 Slowpoke Mobility Scooter is very popular among people who want a safe and stable scooter that travels at more moderate speeds.
EWheels EW-36 Slowpoke Mobility Scooter with Electromagnetic Brakes Features
- Street legal - no license required
- 500-watt brushless rear-axle motor (Different wattage option not available)
- 48 volts (four 12 volts 20 amp batteries!)
- Forward & reverse switch
- Large wheels
- Shocks on all 3 wheels
- 350 lb carrying (weight) capacity
- Instrumentation including speedometer and battery charge indicator
- Full lighting system - headlight with high/low beam, tail & brake lights, turn signals
Maximum range and speed
The EW-36 has a maximum speed of six miles per hour, making it the ideal choice for anyone who wants to go at a slower pace and take their time. It’s also capable of traveling a maximum distance of forty-three miles on a single full charge.
The display on the steering console will show you both how fast you are going as well as how much of a battery charge the scooter has remaining. Additionally, this scooter is street legal; as long as you follow the rules of the road and don’t impede traffic, you should have no problems using it on the streets and roads in your area (although if you want to be absolutely sure of this, make sure to double-check with your local Department of Motor Vehicles).
Unique security features
The EW-36 Slowpoke Scooter has a switch that can be toggled to select between going forward and reversing. It also has a digital anti-theft system with an alarm to help protect your scooter from being stolen or tampered with.
This scooter comes with a storage basket on the back that can be used to carry any belongings such as purses, backpacks, grocery bags, or even possibly a small pet if you’re so inclined. And overall, the EW-36 Slowpoke has a weight capacity of three hundred and fifty pounds (and the scooter itself weighs in at around two hundred pounds).
Increased safety and visibility
This mobility scooter comes equipped with a headlight for increased safety and visibility, as well as two side mirrors that can help you to see behind you. It also has specially designed electromagnetic brakes and two rear shock absorbers to help provide a safe, smooth, and stable ride.
Additionally, this mobility scooter is available in a wide variety of color options that you can choose from (the current available options are black, silver, white, red, blue, orange, pink, yellow, purple, green camo, and sour apple green). This allows a certain level of customization that allows you to personalize your scooter a little bit.
As with all EWheels mobility products, the EW-36 Slowpoke scooter comes fully assembled and ready to go as soon as it’s delivered (and shipping and delivery are completely free within the continental United States).
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
It also comes with the EWheels 100% Satisfaction Guarantee to ensure that you are happy with your scooter and its capabilities; if you experience any serious problems with your scooter or encounter any defects all you need to do is contact the EWheels customer service department to get their help resolving the issue.
Overall, this scooter is a good choice if you want a slower mobility scooter geared towards safety and stability that still has a good variety of helpful and functional features such as storage space and an anti-theft alarm.
All EWheels scooters come fully assembled.
- Top Speed: 6.00 mph
- Drive Range: 45.00 miles
- Weight Capacity: 350.00 Lbs
- Ground Clearance: 10.00"
- The weight of Product: 200 lbs.
- Seat Width: 19"
- Wheel Type: Three Wheeled
- Wheel Size: 16"
- Overall Width: 29"
- Overall Length: 61"
- Overall Height: 41”
- Wheelbase Dimensions 52" from front tire to back & 23" between two back tires
- Headrest: Adjustable Headrest
- Transportable/Collapsible: No
- Foldable: No
- Battery Type: 48V 20AH Sealed Lead Acid (Lithium-Ion option not available)
- Batteries Included: Yes
- Battery Charger Type: Off Board
- Braking System: Electromagnetic Brakes
- Parking Brake: Yes
- Basket Included: Yes
- Headlight: Yes
- Shipping Weight: 280.00 Lbs
- Motor Type: Transaxle differential brushless motor
- Charger: Smart charger included
- Charging Time: Charging time can take up to 8 hours from a dead battery
- Throttle Type: Variable speed control- Twist Throttle
- Key Start: Yes
- Backup Beeper: Yes (Beeper can be disabled, it requires disassembling body panels to access the blinker relay to disconnect. Once disconnected, the turn signals do not function, but most customers do like to maintain this function.)
- Rheostat: Yes
- Drive System: Brushless motor ( Rear Wheel Drive )
- Electric light: Yes
- Battery Indicator: Yes
- Shock Absorber: Two rear shock absorber on the frame
- Alarm: Anti-Theft Alarm
Three Years from purchase date by the original owner.
Charger - 30 Days
Any warranty claims need to be made in the warranty time frame including all evidence. Evidence is video or photos supporting your claim.
EWheels scooters have the best stability and performance under normal driving conditions (dry, level ground with concrete or asphalt). Extra care must be taken when riding on other surfaces (grass, gravel, etc.)
Manuals, Literature, & Videos for the EWheels EW-36 Slowpoke Mobility Scooter